(Abstract from the organisation’s history)
The first gathering took place in August 1953 at the Highway Cafe in Sutherland. Its attendance was so good, the lace was literally overflowing with people and enthusiasm, that this turned out to be the club’s ‘f lying start’. However, money was scarce, but with very little in the coffers, many activities were still organised and well attended. Over the years, the financial situation improved and the club has always given generously where the need arose. For instance, in the 17th year of its existence, all the children in an orphanage in Cronulla were given a small Christmas Present.
Scroll down to the full document on its history.
Apologies, the newsletters below are not in chronological sequence