Dutch Australian Cultural Centre
Welcome to the DACC website
We are open on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month and weekly on Fridays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm.
Our mission statement is to have as our aims and objectives the collection, preservation, promotion and dissemination of Dutch culture and heritage in Australia.
Summary of activities of the DACC:
- Reference library and archive;
- Regular displays about Dutch events and iconic collections;
- Displays about the Dutch migration experience;
- Active support for musical events, performances, visual arts;
- Free educational presentations about Dutch-Australian history;
- DIMEX Project, a major survey of experiences of Dutch migrants;
- Maintaining a lively website and Facebook page;
- Production of own regular Newsletter and articles in other Dutch magazines;
- Permanent displays, including an excellent maquette of the Singel area in Amsterdam and of copies of 17th and 18th century maps by VOC and other cartographers;
- Assistance with finding tutors for lessons in Dutch.
Click here for more information about the DACC.